Cucumber & Chicken Sandwiches with Matcha Mayo
A modern matcha take on a classic high tea morsel, these tea sandwiches are delightfully satisfying.
Learn more about matcha
- 125 g/4 oz sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 spring onion, green part only, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and finely shredded
- 12 slices pane de casa, or good quality white bread
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 250 g/8 oz kewpie or regular mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons T2 Matcha
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, chives, parsley, dill, spring onion, lemon, salt, pepper and shredded chicken breast and mix well, ensuring the chicken is well coated in the mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine kewpie or regular mayonnaise with T2 Matcha and salt. Stir well.
- Spread a thick layer of mayonnaise onto 6 slices of bread, and arrange cucumber slices in a single layer. Divide the chicken mixture amongst the sandwiches and top with remaining bread.
- Cut the crusts off the bread, then slice into halves or quarters to your desired size for tea sandwiches.
Shop Cucumber & Chicken Sandwiches with Matcha Mayo products.
Other recipes you might like.