Prepare recipe 1 day before serving
Crème brulee tea panna cotta
- Milk 250g
- Cream 250g
- Sugar 80g
- Gelatine titanium 2 bloomed
- T2 Crème brulee tea leaves 10g
- In a saucepan, place all of the ingredients together except for the gelatine.
- Bring to a simmer and set aside overnight.
- Once tea leaves are steeped, pass through a strainer and in a saucepan, place 150g of the mix with bloomed gelatine over medium heat until gelatine dissolves.
- Whisk ingredients back together and pour into desired moulds or tea cup.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours until set.
- Once set, dip mould with hot water briefly and it should pop out.
- Set aside until needed.
- Egg yolk
- Milk 500g
- Cream 250g
- Glucose 25g
- Sugar 100g
- Hazelnut praline 200g
- Place milk cream and glucose with 50g sugar in a saucepan over high heat to bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile whisk egg yolk with remaining sugar and praline.
- Once milk is hot, whisk into egg yolk and cook to 85C over medium heat while constantly stirring.
- Cool down and churn in machine.
- Almond meal 60g
- Sugar 60g
- Butter 35g
- Flour 30g
- Blitz ingredients together in a food processor until a dough is formed, then lay out flat onto baking tray and bake for 16 minutes at 175C.
- Once cooked, let it cool then crumble with hands.
- Cook milk with glucose until a simmer, then using a hand blender, blend until foam arises.
- Spoon out the froth and lay it onto a lined baking tray.
- Repeat step until you have 3-4 trays.
- Dry in the oven at 65C for 4 hours.
- Flaked almond 75g
- Trimoline 200g
- Glucose 200g
- Lay almond flakes onto a lined baking tray, meanwhile cook glucose and trimoline together until a dark amber colour forms.
- Pour hot caramel mixture over almonds and let it sit aside to cool down.
- Process the caramel to a fine powder and sift onto baking tray.
- Bake in oven at 170C for 5-6 minutes or until browned.
- Once cooled use fingers to pull the semi set tuile.
- Lay Pannacotta onto the plate with crumble to the side.
- Place shards of meringue and tuile on the panna cotta and soil.
- Place a quenelle of gelato onto the crumble and fill a glass cloche with Applewood smoke.
- Serve immediately.