China Jasmine Poached Chicken Salad
This tea-poached chicken salad is the stuff summer dinner dreams are made of!
- 2 small chicken breasts, trimmed
- 2L/70 fl oz cold water
- 80 ml/2.7 fl oz 80°C/176°F water
- 16 China Jasmine teabags
- 1 lemongrass stalk, cut in half
- 1 small knob ginger, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced lengthways
- 2 large handfuls snow peas, sliced lengthways
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends removed, halved
- 1 handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 handful Vietnamese mint, roughly chopped
- 1 handful Thai basil, roughly chopped
- 60 ml/2 fl oz olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 spring onions, green part only, sliced into 2 cm thickness
- Bring 2L/70 fl oz cold water to the boil, turn off the heat and leave to sit for 5 minutes. Add 15 China jasmine teabags (reserving 1 for later), lemongrass, ginger and garlic to the water and infuse for 5 minutes.
- Remove teabags, add chicken breasts and poach on a very low heat until just cooked. Do not allow the water to rapid boil. Remove chicken breasts and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small cup or heatproof jug, infuse reserved China Jasmine teabag in 80°C/176°F water for 3 minutes, remove teabag and leave to cool for 20 minutes.
- Place asparagus in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, and sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, add snow peas, cucumber, herbs, spring onion and asparagus and toss to combine.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, shred into pieces.
- Add brewed China Jasmine to a small mixing bowl. Add olive oil, lime juice and salt and pepper and gently whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad, mix well, then top with shredded chicken. Divide between two plates and serve.
Shop China Jasmine Poached Chicken Salad products.
Other recipes you might like.