Time of the Day
Rooibos Tea & Honeybush Tea – the South African Wonder Tea Duo!
Gushing with goodness and full of fabulous flavours, rooibos tea and honeybush tea bring the blossoming red riches of South African soils to our teacups in sweetly flavoursome good-for-you brews.
Does rooibos tea have caffeine?
Unlike black or green tea, red rooibos and honeybush teas are naturally caffeine free so they could happily be your go-to teas for sleep!
Black, green, oolong and white teas originate from the Camellia Sinensis plant which contains caffeine. But rooibos tea (pronounced ‘roy-boss’) is a red herbal tea made from the leaves of the Aspalathus Linearis plant native to the mountainous regions of South Africa. Its close compatriot is the aromatic honeybush plant, also native to South Africa.
What does rooibos tea taste like?
Also known as ‘red bush’ tea, rooibos tea tastes are described as sweet, woody, coppery and nutty. Lip-smacking rooibos also enjoys delectable dates with eligible partners such as:
- Hazelnuts and macadamia nuts in the tasty-toasty nutty tones of Macadamia Brittle
- Honeybush and spices in an excitable sticky chai known as Sticky Honey Rooibos
- Fab figs and caramel crunch in a seductive brew we call Sticky Date Delight
- apple, honeybush, rice, almonds, strawberries and more to create the juicy-jammy sensation, Jam on Toast
- Comforting cocoa husks and refreshing minty hints for a healthy Red Choc Mint cuppa
- Green rooibos leaves and sunflower petals to deliver summer-sunshine stone fruit flavours in Red Green & Dreamy.
How much rooibos tea should I drink a day?
The naturally caffeine free health benefits of rooibos tea and African honeybush tea are blooming bountiful so they are great go-to cuppas any time of the day or night. A few cups of rooibos tea each day will do much more good than harm!
What are the benefits of drinking rooibos tea and honeybush tea?
Much like our range of wellness teas, rooibos is a true super-power tea fully loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. The potential health benefits of drinking rooibos tea include:
- Anti-ageing – due to the presence of alpha hydroxy acid, polyphenols, zinc and an enzyme called superoxide dismutase, rooibos tea can do wondrous things for your skin!
- Active flavonoids in rooibos tea help to boost the immune system and provide relief for allergic conditions. Bless you, rooibos tea!
- Rooibos tea fires up your immune system with anti-inflammatories, antioxidants, essential minerals like calcium, iron, zinc, manganese and magnesium and vitamin C to help fight diabetes, arthritis and heart disease, reduce blood sugar levels, improve digestion, strengthen bones and reduce inflammation.
How to drink rooibos tea?
The lilting linguistics of light and luscious South African rooibos tea tastes can be enjoyed au naturale to appreciate the true beauty and delicacy of the unique and naturally nutty-sweet flavours. If you prefer you can drink rooibos tea with milk or a drizzle of honey.
Is honeybush tea the same as rooibos tea?
Honey bush tea and rooibos tea do come from different plants but they’re both yellow-flowering and native to South Africa. As you might guess, the honeybush plant has honey-scented flowers.
Honeybush tea is more delicately flavoured than rooibos tea, and renowned for its ability to treat coughs.
10% off your first purchase
Enjoy a little welcome gift from us when you join the Tea Society.
Learn from our tea sommelier and get the first peek of upcoming ranges.
Exclusive deals & offers
Get complimentary gift wrapping, insider offers and discounts.
Oops! We weren’t able to find any results.