Porridge with Tea-poached Pears
Cosy winter mornings were made for spoons of creamy porridge and sweet pears poached in our floral French Earl Grey.
- 10 teaspoons French Earl Grey
- 400 ml/15.2 fl oz boiling water
- 180 g/6 oz caster sugar
- 4 small pears, peeled, stems intact
- 200 g/7 oz oats
- 500 ml/17 fl oz cold water
- Pinch of salt
- 60 ml/2 fl oz cream
- Add French Earl Grey to boiling water and infuse for 8 minutes. Strain, then transfer tea to a small saucepan. Stir in sugar to dissolve.
- Add pears to tea and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until pears are softened.
- Remove pears, and leave the tea mixture to simmer for another 10-20 minutes until reduced and slightly syrupy.
- Place oats and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, add salt and simmer gently for 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly until thick and creamy. Remove from the heat and stir in cream.
- Divide porridge between bowls, top each bowl with 1 pear and drizzle the tea syrup over the top.
Shop Porridge with Tea-poached Pears products.
Other recipes you might like.