*Make French Earl Grey tea milk
- Bring 1 ½ cups of soy milk to a rolling boil then turn off the heat. Add ½ cup T2 French Earl Grey and steep for 5-10 minutes, then strain through a fine sieve, ensuring you squeeze the tea leaves to release milk. You should now have 285ml/1 cup & 2 tablespoons of tea milk – if you do not have this amount, top up with plain soy milk. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
Make the cake
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 6 cup bundt cake pan.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients (including the French Early Grey tea milk, cooled to room temperature) to a separate bowl and whisk until uniform.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and combine until it just comes together. Immediately transfer to the greased bundt pan and bake for 45-50 minutes (or until you can insert a skewer and remove with only a few crumbs left on it).
- Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes in the bundt pan before inverting and cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Heat coconut milk and T2 Rose buds in a saucepan over a low heat/flame for 5 minutes, then turn off heat and steep for a further 5 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve, squeezing the T2 Rose buds to release milk.
- Immediately add remaining ingredients to the rose milk, and whisk to combine and melt the chocolate.
To serve: Drizzle rose icing over cake when cool and cut into desired portions. The cake will keep well in an air-tight container in the pantry (if there is no humidity), fridge or freezer.
- ** To make flax eggs: combine 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds (or flax meal) with 6 tablespoons of water. Mix well and let stand for 10 minutes until a gel forms.