Jade Mountain caramel cups
Keep a stash of these serious sweet tooth ticklers around for whenever you need a choc caramel hit!
- 10 teaspoons Jade Mountain
- 150 ml/5 fl oz 80°C/176°F water
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
For the chocolate outer:
- 230 g/8.1 oz grated cocoa butter
- 105 g/3.7 oz coconut oil
- 120 g/4.5 oz cacao powder
- 170 g/6 oz cup rice malt syrup
- First, make the caramel. Infuse Jade Mountain in 80°C/176°F water for 6 minutes, then remove infuser.
- Place dates, coconut oil and 100 ml/3.3 fl oz of the brewed Jade Mountain in a blender or food processor and blitz until a thick, smooth paste forms. Add a little more of the tea if mixture is too thick to blend together, but avoid adding too much. Transfer to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Make the chocolate. Place cocoa butter in a medium bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Once melted, add cacao powder and rice malt syrup and stir vigorously for 5 minutes until well incorporated and smooth.
- Place 12 patty cases in a muffin tin. Pour 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate into each case, then refrigerate for 20 minutes or until solid.
- Spoon half a tablespoon of the date caramel into the centre of each patty case. Spread gently so that caramel almost reaches the sides, but leave an edge for the chocolate to fill.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons of the chocolate until the caramel is covered. Return to the fridge to set, then serve. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
Makes 12 large cups or 24 small
Shop Jade Mountain caramel cups products.
Other recipes you might like.