Time of Day
Rooibos Tea & Honeybush Tea — the South African Wonder Tea Duo!
Looking for a new tea to add to your collection? We have just the thing. Gushing with goodness and fabulous flavours, our delectable concoction of rooibos tea and honeybush tea brings the blossoming red riches of South African soils to our teacups in sweetly flavoursome, good-for-you brews you’ll fall in love with.
If you’re unfamiliar with these South African tea treasures, let us break down what flavours you can expect and the benefits of rooibos tea and honeybush tea.
What is rooibos tea?
Rooibos tea (pronounced ‘roy-boss’) is a red herbal tea made from the leaves of the Aspalathus Linearis plant native to the mountainous regions of South Africa. Its close compatriot is the aromatic honeybush plant, also native to South Africa.
If you’re after an afternoon or evening tea treat minus the buzz, you’re in luck! Rooibos tea is naturally caffeine-free, low in tannins and has a slightly sweet and nutty taste that sets it apart from other teas. And it doesn’t stop there! Not only is rooibos tea a sip-worthy infusion, but it’s also rich in antioxidants and minerals, making it an ideal choice for anyone looking to add more nutrients to their diet.
Whether you prefer it hot or cold, with milk or honey, rooibos tea will surely be a luxe addition to your pantry that will have you looking forward to your daily teatime ritual.
What is honeybush tea?
Honeybush tea is a herbal tea made from the leaves of the honeybush plant (Cyclopia spp.), also native to South Africa. If you have a sweet tooth, this tea treat is called “honeybush” for a reason! Its flowers smell sweet like honey, and its leaves are harvested and dried to make a tea similar to rooibos tea in taste and appearance.
Honeybush tea has a sweet, slightly fruity taste and is caffeine-free, so you can rest assured an afternoon or evening cuppa won’t keep you up at night. It’s low in tannins, making it far less bitter than other teas.
Our collection of rooibos tea and honeybush tea at T2 — whether hot or cold — is blended with aromatic fruits and spices for unique flavour profiles.
Is honeybush tea the same as rooibos tea?
Honeybush tea and rooibos tea come from different plants, but they’re both yellow-flowering and native to South Africa. As you might guess, the honeybush plant has honey-scented flowers.
Honeybush tea is more delicately flavoured than rooibos tea and is renowned for its ability to treat coughs.
What do our rooibos tea and honeybush tea taste like?
If you’re on the fence about whether or not you’ll be a fan of rooibos tea and honeybush tea, allow us to break down the tantalising journey your tastebuds will embark on for you. Also known as ‘red bush’ tea, rooibos tea tastes sweet, woody, coppery and nutty. For lip-smacking tea treats you can’t get enough of, lose yourself in our world of rooibos tea and honeybush brews:
- Macadamia Brittle - Transport yourself to a cosy campsite snuggled under a wool blanket roasting marshmallows with this comforting blend. With classic flavour combinations from apple to cinnamon and pineapple bits, its hazelnut and macadamia nutty notes and comforting cocoa husks will help you unwind after a long day.
- Sticky Honey Rooibos - Enjoy a caffeine-free chai latte paying homage to South African earthy rooibos and honeybush in a delicious dance you won’t get enough of. With insatiable cinnamon, cardamom and cloves coated in decadent honey, your tastebuds will be elevated to new heights.
- Sticky Date Delight - As delicious as the infamous dessert, this Sticky Date Delight sensation offers a seductive brew of rooibos, figs, caramel crunch and aromatic notes of marigold petals to satisfy your sweet tooth with a mugful of T2’s finest.
- Red (Rooibos) - You can’t go wrong with a coppery, fragrant brew of our Red (Rooibos) tea for woody, sweet, natural, earthy flavours.
- Her Balance - The combination of rooibos and honeybush contains phytoestrogens which are great for balancing hormones, based on centuries of Ayurvedic practices. It also contains the Shatarvi herb — the Queen of herbs — a powerhouse in helping to balance hormones. If you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, you should consult your doctor first.
How much rooibos tea should I drink a day?
The naturally caffeine-free health rooibos tea benefits and African honeybush tea are blooming bountiful, so they are great go-to cuppas any day or night. Each day, a few cups of rooibos tea will do much more good than harm! As with any beverage, you should avoid drinking too much in a short period, as this may lead to potential side effects like digestive discomfort.
How to drink rooibos tea
The lilting linguistics of light and luscious South African rooibos tea tastes can be enjoyed au naturale to appreciate the true beauty and delicacy of the unique and naturally nutty-sweet flavours. If you prefer, you can drink rooibos tea with milk or a drizzle of honey.
Cosy up with rooibos tea and honeybush tea from T2
At T2, nothing makes us happier than creating titillating brews that will take you on a journey across the world from the comfort of your own home. We have an array of tea to choose from, so you can treat yourself to something new every time! And if you’re wondering how to brew your tea, we’ve got you covered! Shop our range of tea infusers, mugs and teapots all in one place.
With free shipping for orders $50 or more, shop online for convenience. If you prefer, feel free to visit our store in person, where our staff will walk you through some of our popular flavours. If you have any questions, contact us — we would be happy to help!
10% off your first purchase
Enjoy a little welcome gift from us when you join the Tea Society.
Learn from our tea sommelier and get the first peek of upcoming ranges.
Exclusive deals & offers
Get complimentary gift wrapping, insider offers and discounts.
Oops! We weren’t able to find any results.