Time of the Day
Decaf tea is the quieter, mellower cousin of its caffeinated counterparts. It's a beverage that offers tea’s soothing and aromatic qualities minus the caffeine jolt. Whether you’re after a caffeine-free tea as you’re sensitive to caffeine or want to enjoy tea before bedtime, we have a range of delicious decaffeinated tea. Join us to discover the subtle yet enchanting realm of decaf teas.
The decaf difference
Decaf tea, short for decaffeinated tea, involves removing the caffeine from tea leaves while preserving their flavour and aroma to create a tea with no caffeine that you can enjoy at any time of day or night without the caffeine-induced jitters.
T2's commitment to top-quality decaffeinated tea
At T2, we’re known for our commitment to sourcing premium tea leaves all over the globe and extend the same dedication to our decaf teas. Since decaffeination can sometimes cause a loss of flavour, we take great care to ensure our decaf tea maintains the same high standards as the rest of our teas to preserve its full-bodied flavour profile. We use whole tea leaves rather than low-grade tea dust or fannings, so you can experience many flavour notes with every sip of tea.
Immerse yourself in our range of caffeine-free tea
T2 offers a wide range of decaf teas to cater to every palate. Let's explore some of our delightful options for tea with no caffeine:
- All Day Breakfast Decaffeinated — This decaf black tea is slightly fruity with malty notes and does not compromise flavour.
- Just Peppermint — This traditionally decaffeinated tea boasts a strong, uplifting mint profile that’s super fresh and sweet to freshen your day.
- Lemongrass and Ginger — Fresh, bright, zesty lemongrass pairs with warming ginger spice to create this tea’s vibrant, refreshing flavour profile. Awaken your senses with this blend, minus the caffeine hit. Enjoy it as a morning tea or an afternoon pick-me-up.
- Pumping Pomegranate — Discover the tantalising flavour pairings of hibiscus combined with pomegranate’s natural tartness while still maintaining the perfect dose of natural sweetness.
- Fruity Trifle — This luxurious caffeine-free tea boasts all the flavours of a sponge cake. From fresh fruit jelly to oh-so-sweet sponge cake, vanilla custard and lashings of cream, you can appease your dessert desires in no time.
- Liquorice Legs — This super sweet liquorice tisane is laced with fresh mint and notes of fennel for a lingering sweet aftertaste. Indulge in this guilt-free decaf loose-leaf tea treat with smooth, minty notes that will stimulate your senses minus the caffeine.
- Strawberry Sleep Super Latte — Finely ground for a rich, smooth, velvety experience, this rose-tinted nighttime delight will help you unwind at the end of your day. It boasts flavours of creamy strawberry paired with chamomile, lavender and lemon balm.
- Turmeric Ginger Ninja — This wholesome, herbal, caffeine-free tea is packed with a sweet mix of carrot, turmeric and ginger with a soft side of chicory and beetroot.
- Red Choc Mint — This naturally caffeine-free tea packs a punch with mint and hot chocolate flavours — the ultimate after-dinner tea treat! It can be enjoyed on its own or with a splash of milk for a creamy sensation.
- And more!
How to brew our decaf tea
At T2, we provide brewing guidelines for each of our caffeine-free teas on its packaging, ensuring you get the most out of your tea experience. Follow the below steps as a rough guideline to brew your tea:
- Boil your water and steep your tea leaves or tea bag for 3-5 minutes, depending on how strong you like your tea.
- Remove the tea leaves or tea bag and stir in sugar or milk, if desired, until it dissolves completely.
- For iced tea, chill the tea and serve it over ice.
Buy tea with no caffeine from T2
Decaf tea lets you enjoy the flavour and aroma without the caffeine buzz. At T2, we work directly with our suppliers to develop our decaf tea blends from scratch — there may even be six rounds of samples before we settle on a blend we’re happy with. If you’re a tea enthusiast seeking a soothing cuppa at any time of day, you can trust our decaf tea does not compromise on flavour.
Whether you're sipping a cup of Decaf All Day Breakfast tea or winding down with our Relax tea in the evening, you’re sure to love our exclusive range of decaf teas. And since you’re here, feel free to explore our tea collection, including chamomile, peppermint, fruit and herbal and floral tea. If you have any questions, contact our team, who would be happy to help.
Does decaf tea have caffeine?
Yes, some decaf teas still contain a small amount of caffeine, but significantly less than regular tea. Decaffeination removes most of the caffeine, typically leaving only about 2-5% of the original caffeine content in the tea leaves. So, while some decaf teas are not entirely caffeine-free, it is a much lower caffeine option than regular tea.
Can you drink decaf tea at night?
Yes, you can drink decaf tea at night. Since decaffeinated tea contains only a small amount of caffeine, it's unlikely to interfere with your sleep or keep you awake, making it a suitable choice for evening consumption if you want to avoid caffeine before bedtime.
10% off your first purchase
Enjoy a little welcome gift from us when you join the Tea Society.
Learn from our tea sommelier and get the first peek of upcoming ranges.
Exclusive deals & offers
Get complimentary gift wrapping, insider offers and discounts.
Oops! We weren’t able to find any results.