Time of the Day
Drink Turmeric Tea For A Healthy Golden Glow!
Think of glorious golden sunsets, glittering gold medals and gregarious gold sunflowers and you’ll get those same glowing good feels from an immune-boosting cup of turmeric tea!
What is turmeric tea?
Give turmeric tea five gold stars because it is one of the most good-for-you teas on the planet! Turmeric powder is ground from fresh turmeric root, a bold yellow spice commonly used in Indian cooking. The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, a blow-your-socks-off antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties and a rich source of vital vitamins and mega minerals.
Multi-talented turmeric tea stakes its claim to fame as a loose leaf tea and a powdered tea drink, buddying up with other healthy ingredients to create tealiciously healthy cuppas. At T2 our turmeric tea blends include:
- Turmeric Matcha – a power-packed explosion of healthy green tea, turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper and nutmeg.
- Turmeric Ginger Ninja – this fusion of carrot, ginger, liquorice root, chicory, beetroot, turmeric and black pepper is sure to fight off any unhealthy intruders!
- Little Bag of Gold – a party bag filled with rooibos, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper. A splash of this powdered tea treat is worth its weight in gold!
How do you make turmeric tea?
Brewing methods for turmeric tea blends vary so follow the brewing guide on the back of the pack, but as a general guide:
- Turmeric Matcha and Little Bag of Gold are powdered teas so use a matcha whisk to create a frothed-up frenzy!
- Turmeric Matcha contains green tea so you need to calm the farm and boil water at a gentle 80°
- Little Bag of Gold includes robust rooibos and some hot-to-trot spices so it can handle a 100°C whisking!
- A scoop of Turmeric Ginger Ninja loose leaf tea will leap and dive into an infuser and kick about in 100°C hot water for 3-5 minutes.
- Splish-splash-splosh your Turmeric Ginger Ninja tea bag in boiling water for 3-5 minutes for the easiest way to enjoy this powerful brew.
How to make a turmeric latte
Whipping up a warm and creamy turmeric latte is easy:
- Place one teaspoon or scoop of your favourite T2 blend of dried turmeric powder into a small saucepan.
- Add a splash of your favourite milk, perhaps almond milk, oat milk or coconut milk and whisk to combine.
- Add a cup of milk and continuing whisking as you heat the milk slowly.
- Pour into your favourite T2 tea mug or tea cup, sweetening with a dash of raw honey if you need.
Is turmeric tea good for you?
Just like many of our other wellness teas, immune-boosting turmeric tea is a dynamite cuppa boasting more good stuff than you can poke a cinnamon stick at!
The kung-foo-fighting benefits of turmeric tea may help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases and inflammatory conditions. The powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds in turmeric may:
- Improve mood and gut health
- Lower LDL cholesterol
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
- Relieve arthritis symptoms
- Improve memory function
- Protect against age-related chronic illness
Can you drink turmeric tea every day?You can sip and savour your tasty turmeric lattes every day if you want! There is no caffeine – in fact no nasties at all - in turmeric tea, so relax and make a date with a cup of turmeric tea every day.
10% off your first purchase
Enjoy a little welcome gift from us when you join the Tea Society.
Learn from our tea sommelier and get the first peek of upcoming ranges.
Exclusive deals & offers
Get complimentary gift wrapping, insider offers and discounts.
Oops! We weren’t able to find any results.