Time of the Day
Japanese Tea – Fresh and Uplifting Green Tea Brews!
Give Japanese tea the green light to go ahead and deliver your daily dose of super-sip-worthy green tea goodness!
What is Japanese tea?
Steeped in centuries-old tradition, popular Japanese tea is deliciously healthy green tea processed from the camellia sinensis plant. A range of methods are used to create different styles of Japanese green tea which range in flavour from sweet and fresh to relatively intense.
What are the best types of Japanese tea?
Bursting with fresh aromas and blossoming health benefits, our clean green collection of beautifully vibrant Japanese teas includes the popular choices of Gyokuro, Sencha and Matcha.
Gregarious Gyokura and sensational Sencha are the loose leaf Japanese tea brews, while Japanese Matcha is a powdered type of tea.
- Gyokura is a prized Japanese green tea brew revered throughout history and celebrated as a Japanese tea ceremony favourite. The delicate sweet flavours arise from the rich green leaves protected from the sun to encourage heightened chlorophyll levels.
- Beloved Sencha has a sunny and flirtatious disposition. T2 Sencha brews can leap into tea cups via tea bags or loose leaf tea leaves. You can also enjoy super-powered Japanese GMC Sencha in a mighty good mingle with the nutty flavours of roasted brown rice!
- Japanese Matcha is a show-stealing powdered green tea. This shady tea character loves to be whisked into a frothed-up frenzy forming a luscious latte. Choosing Salted Matcha Milkshake, 100% Certified Organic Matcha or Organic Turmeric Matcha is the perfect way to make a simply marvellous matcha latte full of plant-powered green tea goodness!
Is Japanese tea good for you?
Herbaceous Japanese tea has been drunk for centuries for its purported health benefits and delightful flavours. Studies suggest that drinking Japanese green tea can help to relieve a range of ailments and prevent chronic health conditions.
Similar to black tea, Japanese green tea delivers even higher levels of:
- Antibacterial and anti-viral compounds
- Super-powered antioxidants such as polyphenols, flavonoids and catechins
Lean, clean and green Japanese tea is also overflowing with essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids, making it an all-round good-for-you brew!
How should you drink Japanese tea?
Of course your lip-smacking matcha latte is a green tea superhero made tealicious with a dash of warm milk and drunk from an exquisite Japanese tea set, while Sencha and Gyokura are drunk straight-up to make the most of their naturally grassy green goodness.
Just half a teaspoon of Matcha powder is required for this power-packed Japanese tea to deliver a tasty brew. Gyokura loose leaf brews need two teaspoons of tea leaves to do their thing in 80°C water for 1-3 minutes, while Sencha needs just one teaspoon at the same temperature and brewing time.
What is a Japanese tea ceremony?
In Japan tea-making is a historic cultural ritual steeped in ceremonial tradition. The ritualistic tea making and serving process represents respect and aims to bring about peace and harmonious tranquillity.
When we drink Japanese tea in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Kingdom and USA, we can create a Japanese tea ceremony making tea from matcha powder. The necessary matcha-making accessories include traditional bamboo whisks and small Japanese tea cups we call glass matcha bowls.
10% off your first purchase
Enjoy a little welcome gift from us when you join the Tea Society.
Learn from our tea sommelier and get the first peek of upcoming ranges.
Exclusive deals & offers
Get complimentary gift wrapping, insider offers and discounts.
Oops! We weren’t able to find any results.