Time of the Day
Discover the perfect blend of flavours that pack a punch with T2’s collection of peppermint tea — a delicious beverage with a refreshing scent that helps to soothe, calm and destress.
What is peppermint tea?
Peppermint tea is a refreshing infusion made from the leaves of the peppermint plant, Mentha piperita, a hybrid mint that is a cross between watermint and spearmint. Its active ingredient of menthol gives peppermint tea the cool, crisp taste that it’s known for, with a subtly sweet side that goes down smoothly. This herbal tea is naturally caffeine-free, making it a perfect choice to sip on at any time of the day.
The first known record of peppermint tea was by the Ancient Egyptians, who are said to have found dried peppermint leaves in pyramids in 1000 BC. This aromatic herb has since found its way into modern tea culture, becoming a beloved brew that has stood the test of time.
Take your pick from T2’s peppermint tea treats
T2 is home to a tantalising selection of peppermint tea for a cooling, crisp sensation that makes for the perfect after-meal tea treat. From convenient peppermint tea bags to peppermint tea leaves, our incredible range includes:
- Just Peppermint - This uplifting golden-green infusion boasts a well-rounded flavour with a cool, lingering aroma that stimulates your senses. What better way to start your day than with this caffeine-free menthol hit to awaken your senses bright and early?
- Tummy Tea - This minty after-dinner tea treat has a smooth and sweet aftertaste that will linger well into the evening, satisfying your dessert cravings in just a few sips. With gut-loving ingredients like peppermint, liquorice root, fennel and marigold petals dancing in your mug, this delightful concoction will help keep things light after a heavy meal.
- Mint Mix - Why stop at peppermint? Peppermint, spearmint and lemon verbena combine forces for a minty cuppa that packs a punch while maintaining a subtle, sweet freshness. Enjoy a daily dose of calm on a busy afternoon with this peppermint tea blend containing soft citrus notes to help you centre yourself for a much-needed mindful moment.
- Nighty Night - Curl up in bed, watching the pretty petals swirl around in your mug with this nighttime peppermint tea. Smooth lemon, mellow chamomile and a gentle peppermint finish are the perfect pairing for a soothing lullaby to help you unwind before bed.
- The Quiet Mind - With the everyday hustle and bustle, whether it’s getting the kids ready for bed or meal prepping for the week, it can be difficult to switch off. This peppermint tea is a herby blend of apple, rosehip, elderberry, chamomile and eucalyptus to relax your mind, body and spirit. Pair with your favourite book and lamp for the ultimate bedtime routine.
- Wakey Wakey - While peppermint tea is typically enjoyed any time of the day, we recommend drinking this blend bright and early for a cheery start. This supercharged mix contains yerba mate, goji berries, guarana, peppermint and a dose of green tea for a touch of caffeine to keep you going.
- Liquorice Legs - This super sweet liquorice tisane is laced with fresh mint and a cheeky scattering of fennel for a lingering sweet, guilt-free aftertaste that will keep you coming back for more. Its fennel and peppermint properties are a perfect herbal remedy for a sore throat or to keep your singing voice in tip-top shape, whether you’re a professional or enjoy singing in the shower (don’t we all!)
- Sip and Share Bundle - After one taste of our peppermint tea, you’ll tell your friends and family to join in on the bold flavour sensations. So why not opt for our Sip and Share Bundle, including our classic Just Peppermint tea and our Moroccan Tealeidoscope Teapot, for your next afternoon tea party?
How to brew our peppermint tea
If you’re short on time, our peppermint tea bags can hang around for 2-3 minutes, steeping in boiling water. Boiled, dunked, dangled, brewed and your refreshing cup of peppermint tea is ready for you! Remove the teabag or leave it in for a bolder flavour.
If you’re making loose-leaf peppermint tea, follow the below steps:
- Boil your kettle to 100°C.
- Add one T2 scoop or teaspoon of loose-leaf peppermint tea per cup to your T2 teapot or tea mug infuser.
- Pour in the boiling water and steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the infuser and inhale the uplifting aroma!
- Pour into your favourite T2 mug or tea cup and enjoy the minty taste.
Discover your new favourite peppermint tea from T2’s collection
Peppermint tea is not just a beverage — it’s a mugful of calm that soothes the soul and rejuvenates the senses. At T2, we’re passionate about crafting teas that create moments of bliss. As you brew a mug of peppermint tea from T2, you can be sure you’re drinking nothing but the best. We use whole tea leaves to create a complex flavour profile so you can appreciate all the flavour notes with every mug of peppermint tea you have from our collection.
While you’re here, explore our entire range of herbal tea and tea for one set to elevate your tea-drinking experience. If you have any questions, contact our team, who would be delighted to assist you.
Is peppermint tea naturally caffeine-free?
Yes, peppermint tea is naturally caffeine-free as it is made from the leaves of the peppermint plant and does not contain any leaves from the Camellia sinensis plant, where caffeine is typically found.
Does peppermint tea help you sleep?
Our Nighty Night and The Quiet Mind contain soothing notes of chamomile and other soothing ingredients to help you unwind before bed.
10% off your first purchase
Enjoy a little welcome gift from us when you join the Tea Society.
Learn from our tea sommelier and get the first peek of upcoming ranges.
Exclusive deals & offers
Get complimentary gift wrapping, insider offers and discounts.
Oops! We weren’t able to find any results.