Tea Cup and Saucer Sets for Every Tea Drinking Occasion
Did Shakespeare not say, ‘tea cups and saucers doth maketh the tea’? No? Then perhaps he never experienced the pure joy of drinking the best quality loose leaf teas from the most exquisite, finely crafted T2 tea cups and saucers – a tragedy at the very least.
From daily desktop cuppas to afternoon tea party pomp and ceremony and night-time soothing sips, tea cups and saucers form the basis of every wonderful tea-drinking moment – along with the tea of course!
Table settings for tea parties
Oooh-la-la it’s time for tea party fun! What better way to show off your exquisite T2 tea sets than by hosting a tea party for your tea-drinking besties? Create a feast for the eyes and tickle those tea loving tastebuds with:
- Whiter than white table cloths.
- Your best teapots, tea infusers or tea strainers.
- Matching tea cup and saucer sets complete with tiny teaspoons.
- Milk jugs and sugar bowls.
- A selection of the finest loose leaf teas, perhaps French Earl Grey, English Breakfast and Chai?
- The prettiest side plates and cake forks.
- Three or four-tiered cake stands piled high with triangle sandwiches, miniature scones and delicious sweet treats.
- Accessorize with flowers, greenery and napkins.
How to set a table with a cup and saucer?
When it’s time to crook the pinky finger and pop on the pearls the occasion will call for correct placement of the cups and saucers on the table. Etiquette says the cup and saucer shall sit on the right side at the top of the table setting with the handle of the cup facing the three o’clock position.
Tea cup and saucer gift sets
Always the perfect gift for tea lovers, choose:
- Iconic or special edition T2 Tea For One sets if you want a gorgeous gift for someone special on Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, birthday or any occasion.
- Tea For Two sets for a looming anniversary, engagement, Valentine’s Day or a wedding.
How to wrap a tea cup and saucer?
If you’re a member of the T2 Tea Society we’ll include complementary gift wrapping but if not, wrap the teacup and saucer individually in plenty of tissue paper before gift-wrapping together.
How do I choose a tea cup and saucer set?
Pop into your local T2 store or shop online for the hardest decision EVER (they’re ALL beautiful!)
Which cups are the best for tea?
The best tea cups with matching saucers for any given tea-drinking moment depend on many things. These might include:
- Glass tea cup and saucer sets – for tea shared with your besties.
- Japanese tea sets – for authentic matcha moments.
- High tea sets – for pearl-wearing afternoon tea dates with Grandma.
- Bone china tea cup and saucer sets – for impressing the mother-in-law.
- Stoneware tea cups and saucers – for enjoying a cuppa with your pie and chips.
- Pink tea cup and saucer sets – for tea parties with the gals.
- White cup and saucer sets – for dinner party pomp.
- A large tea cup and saucer – to get you through long work days.
It’s simple really - when it’s time for a cuppa the best tea cup will be the one you choose.
10% off your first purchase
Enjoy a little welcome gift from us when you join the Tea Society.
Learn from our tea sommelier and get the first peek of upcoming ranges.
Exclusive deals & offers
Get complimentary gift wrapping, insider offers and discounts.
Oops! We weren’t able to find any results.