Time of Day
What is chai tea?
Are you a tea enthusiast looking for your next sip-worthy mug of tea? Look no further than chai tea, which will take you on a flavourful journey with its rich, refreshing aroma. Its roots trace back to the royal courts of ancient India, where it’s been cherished for centuries, to now where you can find it on practically every cafe street corner. The term “chai” derives from the Hindi word for tea, holding deep, cultural significance in Indian society.
Traditional Indian chai is a harmonious blend of black tea combined with aromatic spices, milk and sweeteners, creating an intoxicating fusion of flavours that will soothe and stimulate your senses.
What is chai tea made up of?
Chai tea’s core ingredients are an irresistible concoction of black tea, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and ginger, which intertwine to create a glorious symphony of tastes and fragrances. The robust and malty notes of black tea provide a solid foundation, while the spices infuse the brew with their warm, earthy and slightly sweet undertones. The result is a harmonious balance of flavours that excites the taste buds and warms the soul.
Indulge in T2’s delectable chai tea selection
While traditional chai tea has remained a timeless favourite, chai tea has evolved and adapted across the globe and T2 is happy to provide some tea treats for you to add to your shelf:
- Gingernut Chai - You won't miss this tea treasure if you love a gingernut bikkie. This ginger biscuit brew is a delightful blend of warming ginger and sweet maple with lingering notes of spice and zesty orange zing, perfect for a morning cuppa or an afternoon treat.
- Go Go Goa - Hit the buzzing streets of Goa with this playful blend of biscuity sweetness and pleasant notes of vanilla, orange rind and pink peppercorns for a perfect combination of sweetness, zest and spice.
- Chai - Whether you choose our loose-leaf or teabag variety, our signature chai tea blend has all the classic flavours we know and love. Curl up on a chilly afternoon with your hands wrapped around a warm, toasty mugful of our chai tea, the perfect blend of fragrant cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and a strong clove finish.
- Indian Spice - If you love the flavour of chai but are looking for a caffeine-free evening treat, we have just the thing. This incredible combination of ginger, cinnamon, black pepper and clove creates a mouth-watering, caffeine-free explosion that will have you savouring every sip.
- Spi Chai - If you love spicy chai tea, this heady blend is finished with a liquorice sweetness that will have you reaching for more.
- Choc Chip Chai - Are you a chocolate lover? This medium-bodied black tea has fragrant cinnamon, cardamom and ginger with a fun choc-chip twist. Add milk and honey for some creamy goodness.
- Happy Chai - Turn that frown upside down with this vibrant cupful of sunshine. Think finely ground chai mixed with cacao, carob and a touch of black tea. This decadent brew will take you from sunrise to sunset, sprinkled with Ayurvedic spices.
- Oolong Chocolate Chai - If you love chocolate filled with nuts, we have just the chai tea for you. Put the ooh in oolong with this tea treat bursting with a chocolate fountain of flavours with a thoughtful, sweet touch of cinnamon and lingering black pepper.
- Hot Date Chai - Love a little sweet and spice? This divine chai brew invites chocolate and chilli to dance it out and delight your taste buds. Treat yourself to a choc date twist on a traditional chai for something different!
- Milk Rose Chai - Have a date night with yourself with our Milk Rose Chai’s shimmering notes of sweet rose and ribbons of creamy delight combined with toasted spices and the ancient herb tulsi.
- Baxters Buns - Can you imagine anything better than a cinnamon doughnut melting in your mouth? We can! Out of the oven and into your mug of tea, our Baxters Buns blend boasts scrumptious doughy flavours, a hearty dose of cinnamon, a zing of orange peel and juicy currants. By adding some milk and sweetener, you can even enjoy it as a latte!
- And more!
Treat yourself to T2’s chai tea treasures
For a little bit of sweetness and spice to invigorate your senses, you can’t pass up our collection of chai tea. From ginger biscuit brews to chocolatey goodness or cinnamon doughnut flavours melting in your mouth, what’s not to love? You’re sure to discover a favourite chai tea in our luxe collection.
Does chai tea make you sleepy?
Chai tea typically contains black tea, which has caffeine to help you feel more awake and alert. However, chai tea also includes spices like cinnamon, cardamom and cloves, which may promote relaxation.
If you’re after chai tea to drink before bed, we strongly recommend our non-caffeinated variety, like our Indian Spice blend.
What is in chai tea?
Chai tea typically contains black tea, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and ginger, which intertwine to create a delightful blend of tastes and fragrances. At T2, we have an array of chai teas to choose from, with an exciting spin on traditional chai tea while still paying homage to the wholesome chai flavours we all know and love.
10% off your first purchase
Enjoy a little welcome gift from us when you join the Tea Society.
Learn from our tea sommelier and get the first peek of upcoming ranges.
Exclusive deals & offers
Get complimentary gift wrapping, insider offers and discounts.
Oops! We weren’t able to find any results.