Time of Day
What is white tea?
White tea, famous for its subtle and refined taste, is a type of tea originating from the camellia sinensis plant. White tea undergoes minimal processing, unlike its green, black or oolong tea counterparts. It is the least oxidised tea made from the freshest leaves and unopened buds of the camellia sinensis plant, preserving its delicate and pristine characteristics. The leaves are plucked at a young age, often before they fully open, and then are gently left to dry. This minimal processing means white tea retains its natural flavours and delicate aromas. With white tea, less is more. White tea has a pure, unsullied essence and a raw and natural beauty.
Stock up your cabinet with our silky-smooth white tea collection
White tea offers a delicious melody of flavours and aromas tantalising the palate. Its taste is often described as light, subtle and mildly sweet, with delicate floral notes gently infused with a touch of down-to-earthy qualities. The flavour profile may vary depending on the variety, terroir and harvesting methods.
At T2, you’ll be spoiled for choice with our beautifully balanced and elegant white tea collection to intoxicate your senses:
- French Earl Grey - If you enjoy a classic brew of Earl Grey tea in the morning, this Earl Grey has a French twist that’s oh-so-fruity that it will have you sighing a breath of relief with every sip. Its delicate white tea base with pretty petals and classic bergamot is an inspiring, soft infusion unlike any other.
- White Jasmine - This elegant silver needles tea packs a punch with its earthy notes and light sugarcane, with a thoughtful touch of fragrant jasmine that will have you breathing in to relish the aroma with every sip.
- Pai Mu Tan - Indulge in a white tea moment with this rare find — made from small, delicate buds and leaves plucked early in spring. Full-leafed and white, they are pale and elegant when infused. You can expect smooth floral notes on the palate with melony and earthy notes.
- White Rose - Arguably one of the most beautiful flowers to catch your eye, our white rose tea is ready to delight your taste buds. Watch the rose petals dance around in your mug of tea as you take your first sip of this delicate, sweet, fragrant, ethereal rose-scented blend.
- White White Cocoa - Think white tea combined with cocoa husks and coconut — what better match made in heaven? And to top it off, it has rich chocolate notes, perfect for a morning, afternoon or evening tea treat.
- Silver Needles - Derived from white-tipped buds picked in the Wuri Mountains, this white tea will take you on a flavourful journey with every sip, intensifying with every mouthful. Start with pleasant floral notes with a delicate cocoa finish for an exquisite aftertaste that will make you yearn for more.
- White Peach Spritz Cold Brew - Picture this — a warm, sunny day lazing outside, soaking up the sun. You reach over and grab this cool icy glass of peach ice tea. This sophisticated peach white tea is blended with the juiciest peaches. Quickly brew it in cold water for mouth-watering iced tea, or use it as a delicious base for a cheeky cocktail!
- Fruity Blooms - Are you a fan of fruity tea? We have just the thing for you. This Fruity Blooms Mini tin contains three flowering teas with fantastic fruity flavours of oh-so-sweet blueberries, tropical pineapple and exquisite grapefruit. Sit back and watch how the ball of tea goodness slowly unfurls in your mug, revealing a delicate flower arrangement.
Shop white tea from our exclusive collection at T2
If light, sweet fruity white tea sounds right up your alley, you’re sure to find some delicious blends from our exclusive white tea collection. From a classic French Earl Grey to a White Peach Spritz Cold Brew for a summer treat, there’s a whole world of tea to explore with T2.
While you’re here, why not learn how to brew your own tea with our one-of-a-kind teapots and tea infusers and strainers? We can’t think of a better way to unwind and treat yourself to much-needed me time than a mugful of our T2 tea treasures.
Is there caffeine in white tea?
Yes, there is caffeine in white tea, although the caffeine content is generally lower than other types of tea, such as black or green tea. White tea is made from the young leaves and buds of the tea plant (camellia sinensis) that are minimally processed. While the exact caffeine content can vary depending on factors like the specific variety of white tea and brewing methods, it typically contains less caffeine than black tea, pu-erh tea, oolong tea or green tea, making white tea an excellent option for tea drinkers aiming to reduce their caffeine intake.
How is white tea made?
The ideal brewing temperature for a cup of luscious white tea is 80°C, where it won’t brood but happily brew for about five minutes. We don’t suggest sullying white tea with anything else. Once your scoop of white tea has been brewed in the teapot, tea maker or teacup with an infuser, it’s ready to enjoy.
10% off your first purchase
Enjoy a little welcome gift from us when you join the Tea Society.
Learn from our tea sommelier and get the first peek of upcoming ranges.
Exclusive deals & offers
Get complimentary gift wrapping, insider offers and discounts.
Oops! We weren’t able to find any results.